New Hope Sanctuary was not named by accident; the name was chosen very deliberately. New Hope is the essence of who we are and what we offer. Our guiding principles and values cannot be made any simpler than that.
When Andrea first began planning New Hope, she envisioned several guiding principles that remain the foundation of everything we do:
- Anyone is capable of giving and receiving love, care, and compassion.
- Everyone has value. All of us have something to offer, even if that something isn’t obvious.
- Everybody is worthy of dignity and respect.
These aren’t things that anyone would disagree with if you asked. Even so, there are people and animals often overlooked by the majority of society. Dogs and cats that are difficult to place due to psychological problems from abuse, for example, or dogs and cats with “difficult” disabilities, end up being killed for something that isn’t their fault, because they weren’t young enough, or cute enough, or playful enough. People with disabilities are often discounted as well, and their talents and abilities are often overlooked and unrecognized. People who have made poor choices may have those choices follow them for the rest of their lives.
New Hope Sanctuary’s guiding principles combine the needs of the people and animals most often overlooked by the rest of society. This makes us unique; many organizations address the needs of people, or of animals, but we fulfill the needs of both as people and animals work together to provide New Hope to each other.
- The dogs, cats, and other pets that may have been killed because they are “unadoptable” get New Hope, with a promise that they will always have a forever home at the sanctuary.
- People whose talents and abilities may otherwise go unused get New Hope as they can put their talents to use, with the dignity and pride in a job well done.
- People and animals both learn, and teach, the lessons that animal companionship offers. If you’re an animal person, you know what those lessons are.
We are happy that you are taking this journey with us, and we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch using the form below. [contact-form]